Concrete Effect H13 Sealer starter kit includes:
1x Trinic 2 Part H13 Sealer 1419ml
1x 10ml Syringe
1x 30ml Syringe
1x 5-pack 150mm low nap rollers
1x 150mm Roller frame
1x Roller tray
1x Drill mixer attachment
2x Mixing cups
H-13 is enhanced for easy application, fast turnaround, and represents a new generation of food safe protection for concrete countertops, and other high performance concrete. H-13 is a two component hybrid water-based fast applying sealer with excellent stain, acid, and scratch resistance. H-13 is easy to repair if damaged and deeply penetrates concrete surfaces, forming a chemical bond to the concrete surface.
BENEFITS OF USE
• Fast drying - usually tack free in 15 minutes, total application time under 2 hours
• Low sheen natural look with mild color enhancement of surface
• Excellent blush resistance in three days
• UV Stable, will not turn yellow
• Excellent scratch, acid, and stain resistance in seven days
• Continues to build hardness out to 14 days
• Can be re-coated: lightly sand with 400-800 grit sandpaper and apply an additional coat
• Spot repair possible
• Can be used to repair other sealers, call Trinic for instructions
• Surface must be cured (three days after casting for Trinic’s GFRC mix design other mixes may take longer).
• Surface should have a profile. We recommend sanding with a 200-400 grit or chemical etching with 10 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid (add the acid to the water not the other way around). Begin by wetting the entire surface with water then apply the diluted acid solution to the surface with a rag quickly and evenly. Gently scrub the solution with a Scotch-Brite pad. Then neutralize the surface with 10 parts water and 1 part ammonia using the same technique as applying the acid solution. Allow surface to dry for 8 hours before applying H-13.
• Surface must also be clean, free from dust, dirt, mildew, oil, grease, paint, sealers, curing agents, waxes, and surface contamination. We recommend wiping the piece down with acetone before starting the sealing process. Acetone leaves the least amount of residue of most of the common solvents. Wait for 15 minutes before applying H-13.
1. Mix ratio 2A:1B
Stir Part A separately for 1 minute until it is smooth and uniform color and consistency.
2. Add Part B side to Part A and slowly mix for another 2 minutes.
3. Allow product to stand for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes’ induction time dilute the mixture with clean water. 1 part sealer with 1 part
water (1:1). The water will thin out the sealer, so it lays out correctly and dries quicker. Once
the water is added, the product is ready to use.
The dilute sealer has a 60-minute pot life. Only mix enough material that can be used in 60
minutes. Change out roller after 60 minutes of use. Periodically remix any sealer that has sat
for more than 10 minutes to keep all ingredients in suspension.
• Accurate volumetric measuring utensils like syringes for small volumes and plastic mixing
cups for larger amounts.
• Drill and paint stir attachment
• Low nap roller like 5mm to 10mm
• Kitchen timer or cell phone timer
• Bloxygen or other inert gas to prolong the life of the sealer after opening
Professional use only.
1. Pour the mixed material into a roller tray. Do not dip from a narrow container. For best results use a high quality 10mm nap microfiber non-shed rollers.
2. Use at least two microfiber rollers – one for rolling and spreading, the second roller for finishing. The Finishing roller is used to take out any roller lines and remove excess material
3. Spread material out thinly with first roller. Roll the same direction pulling the roller towards you. Move along the piece from left to right. When you reach end of the piece go back to where you started and roll again to spread the material out evenly.
4. Then switch to the dry roller to gradually roll out any roller lines with the finishing roller. Keep rolling in the same direction. When the rollers lines disappear STOP. Do not roll it dry.
5. Allow each coat to dry a minimum of 15 minutes or until tack free and then repeat for subsequent coats.
6. Do not allow H-13 to puddle in any joints. Make sure the room is well lit. This will help avoid missed spots when applying a clear sealer.
7. Allow the surface to dry a minimum of 24 hours before moving the countertop and wait 48 hrs before exposing treated surface to water. Full cure is 7 days.
PACKAGING / COVERAGE
1.419Litre kit - 20.9 sq mtrs
SHELF LIFE / STORAGE
Shelf Life: 1 year unopened and 3 months once opened
Storage: Keep in sealed container. We recommend using an inert gas filler such as nitrogen or argon to keep the product fresh. DO NOT FREEZE.
Volume: Part A: 946ml
Volume: Part B: 473ml